The Uniform Shop, located behind the Library, is run by parent volunteers and order forms are available from the front office. A price list of the items for sale and the Uniform Shop open times are on the order form. At present the uniform shop is open from 8.30 – 9.00 am Fridays.
Payment for items within the Uniform Shop is cash only, however orders can be placed by email direct to Springfielduniformshop@gmail.com and payment can be made by direct deposit to the following account:
Account Name: Springfield Primary School P&C Uniform Shop
BSB: 086 495
Reference: Child’s name
The school colours are dark blue and light blue. All students attending Springfield are encouraged to follow the dress code as it:
- Gives your child a sense of belonging which in turn, gives a feeling of security
- Adds a positive tone to the school and assists in building school and team spirit
- Ensures students are appropriately dressed for school activities
- Encourages equality among students
- Reduces unnecessary competition among students for current fashion items or trends
- Prepares students for work in later life as many work places have dress and safety codes
- Has proven to be more economical for parents.
Any financial difficulty in obtaining uniform items or special modification of the uniform that are sought for religious or health reasons may be discussed with the Principal/Deputies or any member of the teaching staff.
No hat no sun
Students are expected to adhere to the SunSmart policy and must wear a broad brim or bucket hat for all outdoor activities. If a student does not have a hat, they must remain in the shade whilst outside.
Please name all your child’s/children’s clothing. Please ask your child to bring home all extra clothing items each day. (e.g. coats, swimming gear). If property is lost, first check your child‘s classroom and then look in the Lost Property room at the back of the Undercover Area. At the end of each term the clothing is sorted and the named items are returned to their owners. Any items without a name will then be recycled.
NB: Items of value such as jewellery, electronic games, musical instruments, are not covered by school insurance if lost or stolen on school property. Please do not allow your child to bring items of value to school.