What is the P&C.
P&C Associations are an officially recognised forum for parents, guardians and citizens to support and assist the government school system for the benefit of all students.
This organisation consists of members of the school community who are interested in the best possible education for the children at Springfield. Participation in the Association’s activities is one of many ways in which you, as parents, can positively influence and improve the conditions under which your child is educated. Your personal involvement, as well as being informative and enjoyable, is very important to your child and is most appreciated by the school.
The P&C body has many functions:
- Encourage parents to participate in the school’s development;
- Develop parent participation and involvement in the school;
- A forum for the discussion of issues pertaining to the school and the community;
- Promote and support co-operation and communication of educational matters in the wider community;
- Assist the school with extra amenities for the benefit of all students
- Provide musical instruments for our seniors students to hire.
The objects of an association are to promote the interests of the school or group of schools for which it is formed through:
- Cooperation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community.
- Assisting in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities fro the school or schools: and
- The fostering of the community interest in educational; matters. School Education Act 1999, part 3, division 8, subdivision 2. section 143 (1).
P&C’s give parents an opportunity to learn about the school’s policies and programs; organising ways in which parents can share in shaping and developing school policies; bring parents together to share information and views; assist the school in building positive attitudes to students and their families; help raise funds to provide extra resources.
The Association requests an annual voluntary contribution of $50 per family. These funds are used directly to augment the students’ educational, social and cultural needs. In past years, the P&C has actively contributed to the school’s education programs and assisted in the provision and development of resources and facilities, including air-conditioning classrooms.
Evening or afternoon meetings of the Association are held on dates advised in the school newsletter. The Annual General Meeting, at which Executive and Committee members are elected, is held early in first term. Within the Association are sub committees such as Canteen, Uniform Shop and Road Safety. All parents are welcome to attend P&C Meetings, provide ideas and suggestions and be involved in discussions on school improvements or upcoming activities.
Membership fees for the P&C Association are $1.00 per person per school year. Payment of this fee gives parents the right to vote on any P&C matter. Payment of the fee may be made at the first P&C Meeting.